Are you looking for a new legal assistant job in the Philadelphia area? Atlantic Group is always looking for qualified legal talent to fill open positions. We have the expertise, determination, and understanding to help you find your next legal position in Philadelphia.
A legal assistant is a trained professional who provides support to lawyers, attorneys, law firms, government agencies and corporations. Though not licensed to practice law themselves, legal assistants leverage their knowledge of the law and legal procedures to help streamline a wide range of legal tasks.
————————— Search Legal Jobs —————————
A legal assistant is responsible for a range of tasks which generally include:
– Gather relevant information, case laws, and statutes
– Organize and maintain case files
– Interact with clients and provide updates
– File legal documents with appropriate courts
– Assist attorneys during trials with exhibits and witnesses
– Schedule meetings, manage calendars, and handle billing
The average salary range for a Legal Assistant in the Greater Philadelphia Area is $40,000 – $65,000. Salary is commensurate to experience.
To be a Legal Assistant you will need:
– Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies
– Prior legal assistant or related legal experience
– Familiarity with legal terminology and procedures
– Proficient in conducting legal research
– Strong written and verbal abilities
– Manage tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines
– Proficient in word processing and case management systems