Compensation: $115,000-$150,000 + bonus
Location: New York City
A leading investment firm with a focus in the healthcare industry, is seeking a talented and motivated Tax Associate to join its Finance team. As a Tax Associate, you will play a crucial role in supporting all aspects of fund and management company tax compliance and reporting. This position offers an opportunity to work closely with the Tax Director and CFO, contributing to the overall success of the firm.
You will assist the Tax Director in all aspects of tax compliance, including, but not limited to:
- Handling federal and state partnership and corporate tax compliance, with a focus on partnerships (90%) and corporations (10%).
- Engaging and collaborating with external tax advisors who serve
- Generating LP and GP tax estimates
- Managing tax reporting for the management company
- Facilitating FBAR and 1099 reporting
- Calculating and reporting tax withholdings (ECI/FDAP/state).
- Assisting with general tax-related investor support
- Coordinating with portfolio companies to obtain underlying tax information and ensuring tax reporting processes are followed
- Processing tax payments and maintaining the payment tracker
- Tracking and responding to tax notices
- Assisting in the preparation of information for investor capital calls, distributions, and allocations
- Maintaining and updating legal entity organizational charts
- Provide support to the Finance Team on ad-hoc projects
- 3+ years of experience in Public Accounting (Big 4 or smaller) with a specialization in Partnership Tax (open to hedge funds, private equity, real estate, and REITs)
- CPA certification is strongly preferred
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.