We are looking for an Entry Level Staff Accountant to join our team in Chester County, PA! The Staff Accountant will be responsible for facilitating the preparation and coordination of financial statement reporting in compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door at a fantastic global fund services provider!
Main Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Under direct supervision, prepare annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements as required.
- Draft financial statement footnote disclosure as required by the financial reporting standards of the fund.
- Prepare financial highlight disclosures, including calculations of total returns, preparation of per share tables, expense ratio analysis, etc.
- Perform analysis of the financial statements to verify accuracy to accounting record.
- Maintain audit support schedules during the year.
- Compile and advise on monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory reports such as Form PF, Form SLT and others.
- Contribute to strong regulatory reporting relationships through interactions with internal parties, client, regulators (SEC) and audit firm personnel.
- Obtain working knowledge of the CFS proprietary systems.
- Exchange information internally.
- Participate in group meetings to exchange status, data, etc.
- Respond to moderately complex inquiries.
- Relay to, and gather routine information from employees and/or outside offices, and clients.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 9 accounting credits
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word essential
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.