Location: Melville, NY
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Build new and existing client relationships.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of clients’ businesses.
- Review federal and state income tax returns.
- Handle federal, state, and local tax audits.
- Prepare research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for submission to the IRS.
- Train and supervise staff and evaluate their work
- Manage multiple clients, budgets, and production goals
- Utilize software knowledge.
- Master’s degree in taxation preferred.
- CPA license required.
- 8 + years of experience in public accounting and tax required.
- Tax audit experience preferred.
- Significant supervisory experience.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills preferred.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Proficiency in ProSystem FX and Microsoft Office preferred.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.