Compensation: $115,000-$140,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
The Senior Fund Accountant will enhance the company's accounting and operations team as it experiences significant growth.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Review third-party valuation reports as part of the quarterly valuation process.
- Analyze and review the monthly and quarterly valuations as part of the monthly NAV close process.
- Provide investment level pricing sensitivity analyses.
- Determine estimated fund level returns for investors and management.
- Review annual audited and quarterly unaudited GAAP financial statements.
- Determine quarterly and ad-hoc cash income distributions for LPs.
- Review LP call and distribution notices and quarterly statements.
- Leverage technology/systems to assist with building out internal and external reporting.
- Manage external fund administrators with review of their work product to ensure accuracy.
- Manage a team of 1-3 individuals (mix of onshore and offshore), train and mentor staff to grow within their roles.
- Assist with recurring investor reporting and ad hoc investor requests.
- Analyze investor and fund level returns and performance.
- Review investor capital activity notices and partners’ account statements.
- Review quarterly and annual publicly filed IFRS financial statements and regulatory reporting.
- Prepare quarterly board reporting packages.
- Assist in the setup and launch of new funds and financial products.
- Manage the audit process with internal and external auditors.
- Evaluate current financial and accounting processes, propose improvements and help coordinate implementation efforts.
- Create and distribute ad hoc reporting to relevant parties such as senior management, deal teams, and investors.
- 5-6 years working in public and/or private accounting experience (direct lending a plus).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline.
- CPA preferred.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.