Compensation: $120,000-$140,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Vertically integrated operating and development company with expertise in a wide array of value creation activities, including ground-up real estate, infrastructure, and industrial development is seeking a Senior Financial Accountant to join their team.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and work paper packages.
- Liaise with the internal and external partners to allow for timely preparation of annual financial statements, income tax returns, general reporting and tax planning, etc.
- Liaise across company divisions to gather/provide accounting information for the preparation of quarterly and annual budgets.
- Prepare General Ledger reconciliations.
- Assist in managing Treasury functions including but not limited to bank reconciliations review and approval, cash disbursements, cash flow projections, etc.
- Support and collaborate with the Controller and Director of Project Accounting in all financial matters of the organization to enhance internal controls, identify opportunities to drive growth, and improve profitability thru process/automation.
- Successfully facilitate the completion of the annual financial audit.
- Design, establish and implement Internal Policies and Procedures as required and appropriate.
- Transfer accounting information between various accounting systems (Timberline / Yardi / Procore etc.)
- Train Staff in the use of Timberline and Yardi accounting systems as necessary.
- Supervise staff (1 staff member)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance.
- 3+ years of experience.
- MBA / CPA preferred.
- Experience with Yardi / Timberline is a MUST.
- Experience within the construction industry is a MUST.
- Experience with Avid Pay is desirable.
- Proven ability to think analytically.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within the role.
- Ability to work independently or with minimum to no supervision.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.