Compensation: $120,000-$135,000 + bonus
Location: Washington, DC
Private equity firm is seeking a Senior Accountant to be primarily responsible for the firm's full cycle corporate accounting including miscellaneous and ad-hoc financial analysis. This position works closely with the Corporate Finance team. This is a hybrid role.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Maintain the sub-ledgers for General Partner entities, alternative investment vehicles and incentive vehicles, including quarterly carry compensation allocation and investment fair value accounting.
- Analyze quarterly expense gross-up in accordance with ASC 606: Revenue Recognition.
- Compile monthly and quarterly Group Distributable Earnings package with analysis, supporting schedules, and reconciliations.
- Maintain existing Alteryx workflows and build new workflows as needed for process efficiency.
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of fund documentation for accounting and financial reporting purposes.
- Initiate payments from online banking portal.
- Maintain ongoing private air travel expense analysis.
- Maintain department expense allocation analysis.
- Assist with various internal reporting and ad-hoc analysis.
- Assist external auditors with queries and requests for information.
- Continued project and process improvement and maintenance.
- Maintain current and evolving understanding of the firm’s corporate structure, Funds and underlying entities to effectively collaborate across different departments
- 4+ years of general accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Experience in the financial services sector, specifically the fund management sector, is preferable.
- Experience with Big 4 is a plus.
- CPA licensee is preferable.
- Experience with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Great Plains or Microsoft Dynamics.
- Experience with Alteryx.
- Strong analysis skill.
- Must be detail-oriented.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.