Compensation: $110,000-$130,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
The Senior Accountant will learn and grow through exposure to a range of responsibilities across accounting tax, operations, and investor relations. The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and Assistant Controller.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Daily cash and position reconciliations with multiple prime brokers and trading counterparties across numerous asset classes.
- Work closely with the company's controller and fund administrator on the monthly NAV process (e.g., maintaining shadow books, reviewing reconciliations, TBs, and investor allocations and statements).
- Navigate the complexities of fund structures, including side pockets, investment SPVs, and multiple share classes across various feeder funds with close attention to detail.
- Participate in the valuation process (e.g., review broker quotes/internal models, liaise with analysts).
- Prepare or review regulatory filings (e.g., ADV, Form PF, 13F, 13D/G’s).
- Management company accounting.
- Work closely with the Controller and Assistant Controller in managing and preparing support for the audit; coordinate between the fund administrator and auditor.
- Assist with tax analysis as part of annual K-1 process; liaise with tax preparers.
- Provide analysis for ad hoc investor requests.
- Review capital activity and investor documentation.
- Communicate with prime brokers regarding investment activity and reporting.
- Coordinate with operations analyst, trader and controller to ensure accuracy in the investment accounting process, including corporate actions.
- Research and resolve differences with prime broker (e.g., review corporate actions; interest calculations).
- 3-5 years of accounting experience with hedge fund/investment company focus.
- BA/BS degree (a CPA is preferred).
- Mix of public/private accounting background (preferred).
- Understanding of hedge fund accounting, multiple asset classes (options, swaps, fixed income, etc.)
- Detail oriented.
- Strong Excel skills.
- An ownership mindset (a must).
- Team player with the ability to work independently.
- Positive attitude – will take on any task with enthusiasm.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.