Compensation: $100,000-$140,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Leader in alternative investing is seeking a fund accountant to support the firm’s various strategies. Fund Accounting has a significant presence within the organization.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Accurately prepare and record accounting entries in accordance with firm policy and US GAAP.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate review of the monthly books and records prepared by fund administrators as well as internal reporting of both estimated and final fund PnL & returns.
- Review the completeness and accuracy of monthly investor allocations, management fee/waterfall calculations, infra-fund transactions, and investor statements.
- Responsible for calculations of investor capital calls and distributions, as well as accurate tracking of called and uncalled capital by investors.
- Prepare internal and external deliverables including investor requests, internal data requests, regulatory reporting requests, and, from time to time, ad hoc projections of fund/investor data.
- Review payments/reimbursements for fund expenses and management fees and clear the ensuing cash breaks.
- Responsible for the review of quarterly unaudited and annual audited financial statements as well as annual footnote disclosures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of public or private accounting experience.
- CPA preferred.
- Experience with a wide assortment of financial products, including fixed-income securities, equities, repos, and financial derivatives is a plus.
- Team player and detail-oriented.
- Must work well in a very dynamic and deadline-driven culture.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word) required.
- Understanding of the role data plays in efficient processes.
- Data warehouse experience is a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.