Compensation: $225,000 – $275,000 + bonus
Location: New York City
The Compliance Officer is accountable for ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations, managing internal controls and risk assessments, and developing policies and procedures regarding regulations. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the private label securitization and asset management industry with a focus on residential mortgage loans.
As a Compliance Officer, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Manage record retention, including policy/procedure, and records management vendor
- Develop and support the development of policies and procedures regarding federal, state, local and GDPR (EEA and UK), international regulations
- Analyze changes to regulatory requirements and proactively manage regulatory developments internally and all servicing relationships
- Manage all federal, state, and other reviews, examinations
- Support answering internal compliance related inquiries, customer, and external complaints. Including managing complaints from CFPB portal
- Manage corrective action plans, including policies and procedures, to address compliance deficiencies, minimize violations and prevent systemic compliance issues
- Oversight of compliance corrective action plans for all servicers
- Ensure control issues are identified and effectively resolved internally and for all servicers
- Support licensing requirements for company
- Collaborate and manage the review and assignment of compliance training
- Manage annual recertification with Agencies and GSEs
To be considered for the Compliance Officer role, you should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, JD desirable
- 5 years of recent regulatory compliance or legal experience in banking or financial services.
- Applied knowledge and experience managing compliance with federal and state regulations that affect the mortgage banking industry
- Strong experience developing corporate and/or business policies, procedures, and controls
- in identifying potential risks and proposing/implementing solutions
- Annual discretionary bonus and robust benefits package
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted by Atlantic Group within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, their resume will be kept on file for future opportunities and they may be contacted for further discussion.