Compensation: $120,000-$150,000 + bonus
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Atlantic Group is representing an Assistant Controller opportunity based in Brooklyn, NY. This is a newly formed position due to growth. In this hands-on role, the ideal candidate will assist and report with the Controller in all aspects related to finance at the organization. The Assistant Controller should track financial information in a well-organized manner and be comfortable analyzing financial statements.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Support Controller in all financial matters of the organization.
- Assist in managing the month-end close process.
- Support the preparation of the consolidated financial statements, quarterly and annual SEC filings as well as other related complex accounting reports for the company.
- Prepare and provide support for the annual financial audit.
- Monitor and analyze balance sheets, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Monitor taxes and provide details for tax audits.
- Generate financial reports for senior leadership.
- Participate in the preparation of accounting manuals, internal control and accounting system documentation, financial procedures and instructions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- CPA desired, or actively in process of obtaining certification to be completed within 24 months.
- 7 -10 years experience in accounting, including 2-3 years in an accounting manager or assistant controller role.
- Strong month-end close experience, preferably with a publicly traded company.
- Strong knowledge and experience of US-GAAP.
- Start-up experience with hands-on attitude and abilities.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably experience with NetSuite.
- Strong technical, analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong Knowledge of MS Excel.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.