Compensation: $90,000-$110,000 + bonus
Location: Stamford, CT (Hybrid)
We're seeking an Assistant Controller to provide finance and accounting support to the lending functions of our business. Reporting directly to the Controller, this role will work cross-functionally with borrowers and investors, credit analysts, legal, and our Investment Team to account for our portfolio of real estate entities. This highly visible position offers an excellent opportunity to learn and grow within our organization.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Preparing, auditing, and posting journal entries; analyzing and correcting discrepancies to ensure accuracy and completeness on an ongoing basis.
- Completing monthly bank reconciliations across multiple entities.
- Preparing and reviewing fair value financial statements quarterly and annually in accordance with US GAAP.
- Managing cash flow and general ledger throughout the full lifecycle of multiple loans.
- Servicing loan portfolios monthly.
- Preparing and analyzing monthly wires, ACH payments, and statements to investors and borrowers.
- Assembling annual 1099, Federal and State returns for tax compliance.
- Drawing conclusions from financial reports, spotting inefficiencies, and proposing corrective actions.
- Preparing ad-hoc financial reporting as necessary.
- 3-5 years of private equity accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Proven full-cycle accounting knowledge.
- Advanced QuickBooks Desktop knowledge.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency, with strong analytical skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of bookkeeping experience, preferably within a multi-tasked context/environment.
- Self-starter able to work independently in a fast-paced environment while multitasking to complete individual deliverables by set deadlines.
- Able to take direction from a variety of sources and balance competing objectives.
- Fund Accounting experience is a plus.
- Real Estate Accounting experience is a plus.
- Understanding of mortgage interest and reserve escrow balances is a plus.
By joining our team as an Assistant Controller, you will have the opportunity to work with a talented group of professionals in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Apply now to take the next step in your career!
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.