Compensation: Est. Avg. $100,000 – 150,000/hour + bonus
Location: New York City
Our client is currently looking for skilled and enthusiastic Accounting Associates to be part of their Accountant Rotational Program. This is an exciting opportunity for those who want to challenge themselves and make an impact in their work. As a rotational accountant, you will be rotating through two different departments over the span of two years. This program is designed to provide you with extensive exposure to the firm's accounting and reporting groups, which are responsible for overseeing our hedge fund vehicles and management companies.
As an Accounting Associate, you will be responsible for the following —
- Preparing and analyzing monthly and annual financial statements and handling investor, management, and regulatory reporting for multiple legal entities in global capital markets
- Working on special projects such as launching new fund vehicles, conducting historical analyses, fielding bespoke requests from various internal groups including senior management and investing groups, and working with our software developers to improve and re-engineer existing processes
- Gaining a macro view of the firm's financial activities, learning about complex legal entity structures and transactions, and enjoying substantial interaction with other internal departments, including Investor Relations, Management Reporting, Tax, Treasury, Payroll, Legal & Compliance, and software development groups
To be considered for the Accounting Associate role, you should have —
- Two and four years of experience in public accounting or an accounting or reporting function at a hedge fund, investment manager, or other financial services firm
- A major or concentration in accounting is required and a CPA is a plus
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and organized individuals with an aptitude for accounting and a facility with numbers will excel in this role
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Collaborative, inclusive, and engaging working environment
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted by Atlantic Group within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, their resume will be kept on file for future opportunities and they may be contacted for further discussion.