Our client, a large investment management firm has an immediate need for a fund accountant to join their Stamford CT office.
The Accountant will be responsible for providing assistance in maintaining the books and records for various accounts within the emerging markets equities strategy, as well as reporting to clients and the portfolio group.
- Reconciling cash, assets, and booking monthly closing accruals;
- Processing invoices and dividends;
- Reconciling the books and records maintained internally for commingled Funds and those maintained at the fund administrator;
- Assisting in the preparation of all quarterly and yearly financial statements and review of monthly investor valuation statements for the commingled accounts prepared by the fund administrator;
- Calculating performance metrics and assisting in preparation of marketing materials;
- Aiding in the preparation of ad-hoc requests by clients as well as the portfolio management group; and Interacting with prime brokers, fund administrator, custodians, assisting in the valuation of the Fund, partner allocations, the month end closing process, investor relations and the year-end audit.
- 1-2 years of public accounting preferred or industry exp preferred
- Proficiency in Excel
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.