What are a Medical Director’s job responsibilities?
The Medical Director is responsible for a range of tasks which generally include:
- Represent Health Care Management within departments and externally
- Responsible for health care services being provided in the most cost effective and efficient manner
- Review and respond to patient surveys, inquiries, and complaints
- Hire, monitor, direct, educate, and evaluate medical staff
- Develop, monitor, and use proper policies and procedures
- Teach proper documentation and ensure appropriate delivery of medical services
- Perform audits to identify areas of compliance
- Work with Finance Department in evaluating utilization and examining future utilization practices/patterns
- Additional responsibilities when needed
What is the average salary for a Medical Director in Philadelphia?
Depending on the company, the average salary range for a Medical Director in the Greater Philadelphia Area is $200,000 – $300,000. Salary is commensurate to experience.
How much experience do you need to be a Medical Director?
- Graduate of accredited medical school
- 3+ years of post-residency clinical experience
- MD or DO – active license required for state practicing in
- Board certification
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Maintains workplace health and safety
Submit your resume today to apply for open Medical Director positions in Philadelphia.