What are a Medical Biller & Coder’s job responsibilities?
The Medical Biller & Coder is responsible for a range of tasks which generally include:
- Bills insurance companies properly
- Verifies basic information of patient, service details, and medical details
- Determines appropriate service codes
- Handles patient’s concerns with billing
- Acts as liaison between facility and payment parties
- Generates and submits claim in the correct electronic submission format
- Investigates claims when denied by third-party payer
- Complies with HIPAA guidelines
- Maintains knowledge of all coding regulations
- Hits daily goals on claims processing
What is the average salary for a Medical Biller & Coder in Philadelphia?
Depending on the company, the average salary for a Medical Biller & Coder in the Greater Philadelphia Area is $35,000 – $45,000. Salary is commensurate to experience.
How much experience do you need to be a Medical Biller & Coder?
- 1+ years of medical billing experience
- Medical billing certification or diploma preferred
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) preferred
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Experience using office billing system
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Submit your resume today to apply for open Medical Biller & Coder positions in Philadelphia.