What are a Medical Assistant’s job responsibilities?
The Medical Assistant is responsible for a range of tasks which generally include:
- Update & maintain patient charts, records, and forms
- Answer calls, make calls when needed, and set up appointments
- Set up exam room and prepare patient for appropriate exam
- Handle check in and check out procedures of patient
- Assist in care management
- Check & record patient vital signs and obtain medical history
- Provide health screenings as ordered by the provider
- Assist in maintaining inventories, report when supplies are low or expired
- Participate in outreach/or community education programs
What is the average salary for a Medical Assistant in Philadelphia?
Depending on the company, the average pay rate for a Medical Assistant in the Greater Philadelphia Area is $15.00 – $20.00/hour. Pay rate is commensurate to experience.
How much experience do you need to be a Medical Assistant?
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program required
- 1+ years of Medical Assistant experience
- Must be currently certified as a Medical Assistant
- Proficient in computer programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Submit your resume today to apply for open Medical Assistant positions in Philadelphia.