What are a Construction Project Manager’s job responsibilities?
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for a range of tasks which generally include:
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of projects
- Interact with contractors, subcontractors, design teams, superintendents, inspectors, engineers, and owners
- Create, understand, and update project schedules
- Review plans, contract documents, and estimates
- Assist in budgeting, bidding, and awarding of subcontracts
- Create material lists and coordinate on time deliveries
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion
- Coordinate require inspections and assist in obtaining permits
- Prepare change orders and integrate with ongoing construction
What is the average salary for a Construction Project Manager in Philadelphia?
Depending on the company, the average salary range for a Construction Project Manager in the Greater Philadelphia Area is $80,000 – $130,000. Salary is commensurate to experience.
What qualifications do you need to be a Construction Project Manager?
To be a Construction Project Manager you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or related field
- 5-10 years of related experience or combination of Education and trade Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Experience with construction project management software
- Ability to read plans
- Strong communication skills