What is the Program Manager’s job responsibilities?
The Program Manager is responsible for a range of tasks. Generally, Program Manager’s are responsible for:
- Learn all aspects of assigned business functions or technical systems
- Determine and prioritize improvement plans
- Document business needs
- Verify technical delivery of business needs
- Manage junior, temp or matrixed resources in achieving specific tasks
- Create and update project plans in Excel or MS Project
- Schedule meetings
- Manage meeting logistics including conference calls, WebEx, etc.
- Write meeting notes
- Maintain project repository in SharePoint, checking in documents, etc.
- Maintain and update project related registers in Excel or SharePoint such as Issues List, Risk Register, etc.
- Follow up with other project resources to notify them of upcoming deadlines, get task status, obtain necessary deliverables, etc.
- Basic administrative workflow tasks around getting invoice approvals, executing NDAs and SOWs, etc.
- Producing certain project deliverables
- Creating PowerPoint presentations based on input from other resources
- Producing status reports
What is the average salary for a Program Manager in NYC?
The average salary range for a Program Manager in New York City is $80k – $96k. Of course, this all depends on the company and the experience/qualifications of the candidate.
How much experience do you need to be a Program Manager?
To be a Program Manager you will typically need an MBA in a related field and 4+ years of experience.