What is a Registered Nurse’s job responsibilities?
Generally, Registered Nurses are responsible for:
- Obtain and document vital signs including: head circumference, pulse, respiratory rate, height and weight, blood pressure, temperature; perform venipuncture and collect specimens for various labs; perform vision and hearing screening; perform skin testing for tuberculosis; administer immunizations as ordered by MD/PNP.
- Assist MD and/or PNP in conducting physical examinations, set up appointments for referrals. Follow-up and obtain reports.
- Ensure that the Electronic Health Record contains documentation of all health services received.
- Complete all necessary documentation in a timely manner to facilitate Medicaid billing and maintain all consumer charting using an electronic software program
- Provide nurse screenings when needed and document results.
- Order and maintain required supplies and equipment.
- Monitor health and mental health care information and ensure ongoing case management. Maintain MATS audit review tool in an excel data base.
What is the average salary for a Registered Nurse in NYC?
The average salary range for a Registered Nurse in New York City is $80k – $85k dependent on the qualifications of the candidate.
How much experience do you need to be a Registered Nurse?
To be a Nurse in New York City you will typically need a current NYS RN license, and an Associate’s or Bachelor degree in Nursing.