What are a Practical Nurse’s job responsibilities?
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for a range of tasks including:
- Delivers trained nursing care to patients/significant others via direct and/or telephone contact, abiding by conventional standards and practices.
- Coordinates with other members of the care team to guarantee faultless care delivery, greatest coordination of efforts, and active patient participation in planning and care.
- Assists physician or other provider with clinical procedures and participates in patient teaching.
- Provides direction to Clerical assistants, medical assistants, and other non-licensed personnel.
Atlantic Group can help you find new open positions in NYC. Click here to learn more.
What is the average compensation for a Licensed Practical Nurse in NYC?
A Licensed Practical Nurse in New York can expect to be compensated between $24 and $27 an hour depending on experience and the hospital of employment.
What qualifications do you need to be a Contact Tracer?
- Graduate of a qualified school of practical nursing.
- New York State (NYS) license with present NYS registration, in good standing.
- Confirmation of previous steady employment and/or favorable references.
- 1+ year experience as a licensed practical nurse or 2+ years as a medical assistant in a pertinent practice area.
- Current CPR/BLS certification.