What are a Contact Tracer’s job responsibilities?
The Conact Tracer is responsible for a range of tasks including:
- Reaching out to people who have been exposed to COVID-19 and providing health education and guidance to interrupt ongoing disease transmission
- Dialogue with contacts will be guided by standard protocols to obtain any symptom history and other relevant health information, provide instructions for self-quarantine, and make appropriate referrals to testing, clinical services, and other essential support services.
What is the average compensation for a Contact Tracer in NYC?
A Contact Tracer in New York can expect to be compensated between $45 and $48 an hour depending on experience and the hospital of employment.
What qualifications do you need to be a Contact Tracer?
- An RN License is required to be a Contact Tracer
- This position will require prioritization, prompt action, and attention to detail in documentation and data management as multiple investigations will be conducted simultaneously.
- Contract tracers are required to follow all designated scripts and comply with policies and procedures provided by the health department regarding confidentiality and data security for the handling of sensitive client information and protected health information.
Atlantic Group can help you find new open positions in NYC. Click here to learn more.