Compensation: $125,000-$175,000 + bonus
Location: Stamford, CT
Trading company is seeking a Vice President of Operations to join its team based in Stamford, CT. The VP of Operations will manage the back and mid office contracts, inventory, and logistics. The ideal candidate will have excellent management and interpersonal skills.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Establish processes, policies, and procedures for all operational requirements.
- Ensure timely handling of all contract and logistic related issues.
- Negotiation of global cargo marine insurance policy and claims reporting.
- Oversee the timely submission of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements requested.
- Oversee US Customs to ensure compliance with US entry requirements and various trade policies.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance.
- Oversight of shipping department, port operations, and vessels.
- Collaborate with compliance team to ensure proper policies, processes and procedures are in place.
- Ensure proper reporting for annual sustainability report.
- Monitor and review team staffing levels and ensure they are sufficient.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration preferred.
- 10 – 15 years of operations experience within the commodity sector required. ,
- 5 years of managerial experience in logistics and commodity administration preferred.
- Experience working with CTRM software.
- Strong understanding of supply chain management and reporting.
- Experience with proprietary software systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.