- Act as a business advisor to global companies and understand the life cycle from start to finish
- Lead and manage projects while taking on new initiatives and maintaining client relationships
- Conduct research and review for U.S. and foreign tax laws and regulations related to international tax planning strategies and other transactions
- Identify and execute tax planning opportunities
- Provide technical tax support on transactions and activities
- Prepare and review forms and related work papers for U.S. owned foreign entities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA license or J.D.
- Previous tax experience with domestic closely-held businesses and individuals including tax planning, research and consulting.
- At least 3-5 years of experience with a public accounting firm
- Able to review compliance related to Controlled Foreign Corporations including Forms 5471 and related schedules; Form 8992, Form 8993; Form 1116 and 1118. Also, compliance related to Forms 8865 and Forms 8858.
- Strong understanding of international tax law changes arising from 2017 TCJA and specifically, it’s impact on closely held businesses and use of Section 962 elections.
- Able to review and advise on US tax issues as it relates resident aliens and nonresident aliens including application of the substantial presence test, foreign earned income exclusion and foreign tax credits. Including Form 8938 and FINCen Form 114.
- Able to review and advise on foreign corporations filing Form 1120-F and related protective claims.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.