Our client is a Community Health Services Organization, based here in Philadelphia. With three locations, they offer quality health care across the Philadelphia region. They’re looking for a few Certified Medical Assistants to join their team! Pay is very competitive.
- Sets up exam room and prepare patient for appropriate exam.
- Track referrals for assigned providers.
- Participate in weekly planned care team meetings.
- Checks patient vital signs, obtains medical history, HIV risk assessment and rapid screening, depression screening, standing lab orders and chief complaint.
- Provides health screenings as ordered by the provider, i.e., vision screening, auditory screening, EKG, urine dipstick, finger-stick glucose and cholesterol readings.
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment.
- Assists providers during exams as directed; i.e.; wound care; application of ace bandages, splints, slings, ear irrigation; Implanon and IUD insertions/removals; assists with vaginal exams and cultures; colposcopies, etc.
- Administers medications and vaccines, as ordered by the provider.
- Performs routine or special cleaning of rooms and supplies daily following appropriate Infection Control guidelines.
- Assists in maintaining inventories. Report when supplies are low or expired.
- Performs quality control checks and document; i.e., refrigerator/ freezer temperatures; Accu-check and cholesterol calibrations; incubator and hematocrit monitoring; pregnancy and urine test supply checks; etc.
- Participates in outreach/or community education programs.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited school for Medical Assisting training required
- Current CPR Certification.
- Two year of MA experience in a medical setting is desirable.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.