Immediate need for Medical Assistants! Our client, a local community health organization in Philadelphia, PA is looking for certified MA's to join their team! The medical assistant will be responsible for both direct patient care and indirect patient care. Experienced MAs are encouraged to apply!
Direct Patient Care:
- Prepares the environment to assure that the all necessary equipment/information is available for effective and efficient care during the visit.
- Greets the patient and helps the patients feel prepared for their visit.
- Completes vital signs, weight and height, EKGs, eye and hearing exams, as assigned.
- Assures that all documentation is correct and complete.
- Works with the CRNP to provide comprehensive care.
- Maintains medical records using standard filing systems.
- Performs inventory control and ordering supplies, as assigned.
- Initiates and performs rapid HIV test, including consent form.
- Completes all necessary paperwork.
- Assists with therapeutic procedures.
- Prepares and administers medications as ordered.
- Collects and preserves bodily fluids, blood, and other specimens.
- Performs simple STAT screening tests on collected specimens.
Indirect Patient Care:
- Prepares forms for visit.
- Prepares and forwards requests for referrals as assigned which may involve all or some of the following: obtaining health insurance authorization, completing referral form, making referral appointment for patient, coordinating on-site Transportation Services, and notifying patient when referral is complete.
- Prepares and forwards request for medication refills as assigned.
General laboratory services:
- Performs a variety of standard lab tests with standing orders from primary care providers (including but not limited to blood sugars, urine dip, etc).
- Prepares laboratory specimens to assure the correct information.
- Completes all paperwork and forms related to the handling of specimens and document all actions in the patient record.
- Records receipt of lab results, tracks results not received, and forwards all results to primary care. By direct order of primary care provider, records test/procedure results in the patient record.
Maintenance of laboratory-related equipment and supplies:
- Takes inventory of supplies on a regular basis, order supplies, and store upon their arrival.
- Ensures lab equipment properly maintained which includes knowledge of routine handling/usage, storage, and cleansing/sterilization. Have equipment serviced at recommended intervals according to manufacturer’s and/or OSHA guidelines.
- Assists the primary care providers and clinical nurse in collecting information related to triaging patients.
- Consistently practices universal precautions.
- Participates in relevant Practice committees.
- Performs additional duties related to the responsibilities of the Medical Assistant as directed by supervisor.
- Substitutes for Medical Assistants at other practices, when deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Supports smooth functioning of practice by completing data entry as assigned.
- Receives cross-training as a Medical Receptionist and substitutes for this role at the Practice when deemed necessary by supervisor. This includes scheduling, registration, updating patient records, answering phones and other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Medical Assistant and maintain CPR certifications.
- Minimum one of year experience working as a Medical Assistant.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.