Location: Boston, MA
Schedule: Daytime Hours
Supports smooth and efficient practice operations, while contributing to the organization's promise of providing extraordinary care. Communicates with patients, other employees, and the public in a courteous, helpful manner by phone and in person.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Performs medical assisting duties which may include, but are not limited to, vital signs, height, and weight, EKGs, performing phlebotomy, and assisting during routine procedures.
- Ensures that all patient care areas are clean, organized, stocked, and ready for patient use.
- Escorts patients to ancillary service areas such as radiology and lab as needed.
- Performs appropriate point-of-care testing, such as lab tests and specimen collection.
- Implements quality control standards to ensure proper functioning and accuracy of testing equipment. Provides patients with relevant instructions for specific tests and procedures.
- Monitors, orders, and/or maintains medical equipment and supplies, ensuring they are clean, sterilized, stocked, and within expiration dates.
- Performs initial review of medication lists in the electronic medical record for final review by licensed practitioners.
- Uses the electronic medical record system (OMR) to queue prescription renewals for review by a licensed provider. As directed by a clinician, enters/scribes orders for tests, services, or appointments in OMR. During the visit, accurately documents tasks, as they are completed, in OMR to ensure proper billing (Facility Worksheet).
- Prepares schedules, patient charts, and other documents as needed for clinical activities, in accordance with Medical Center standards. Procures and correlates medical correspondence as directed by the department.
- Monitors patients and visitors entering, waiting and leaving the practice.
- Facilitates timely flow and informs patients and providers of delays in a timely manner.
- Acts as liaison between patient and practice staff to ensure optimal flow and service delivery.
- Ensures waiting room materials are organized and stocked as directed by the department.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0- 1 year of related work experience required.
- Medical assisting experience required through any of the following areas: MA, CNA (or LNA), EMT, PCT certificate.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting.
- Current or former nursing or medical student who has completed at least one clinical rotation.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.