- Prepares for, attends and participates in briefs and pod meetings
- Completes pre-visit preparation and communicates information to the provider
- Obtains patient demographics, financial information and completes registration for the visit
- Verifies insurance coverage
- Perform patient interview and intake
- Greet patients, answer telephone, schedule appointments, take phone notes and forward to provider.
- Register new patients, update existing patient demographics, if necessary obtain prior authorization.
- Manage patient flow by arriving and registering of patients on the PM system and generating and closing encounters as needed.
- Completes pre-registration process for all new patients including initial insurance verification process.
- Verifies all patient demographic and insurance information on each visit and update the PM system as needed.
- Collects all insurance co-payments and patient self-pay visit charges at time of registration, provide receipts to the patient, and post all payment transactions in the PM system.
- Maintain proper hand hygiene and all other accepted infection control practices
- Prepare exam rooms for clinical visit
- Obtain vital signs, recognize values out of normal range, and report abnormal findings to the RN, LPN or provider
- Collect specimens (urine, throat swabs, etc.)
- Perform diagnostic testing including electrocardiograms, point of care testing, hearing and vision screening
- Stocks and maintains the par level for exam room supplies
- Obtain HIV and Bronx RHIO consents
- Maintain all patient care equipment and report any malfunction to the charge nurse, site director and head of purchasing
- Attend unit, department and special meetings as scheduled
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Graduate of NYS approved school/college for medical assistant studies
- One (1) year Medical Assistant/front desk experience in Ambulatory setting is preferred.
- American Heart Association Basic Life support (BLS)
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.