We are representing a Senior Estimator opportunity with an entrepreneurial, developer-focused general contractor in the commercial office and retail sectors, and they’re also getting into the ground-up multi-family market thanks to a particularly exciting relationship with one of their developer clients. This role is a stepping stone to becoming Chief Estimator – that is our client’s mission.
- Prepare all estimates for all projects including conceptual estimates and hard bid estimates.
- Complete conceptual estimates using unit prices for building systems.
- Produce project bid schedules to establish project duration.
- Review and evaluate Requests for Proposals, select subcontractors for bid solicitation, and prepare sub bid packages
- Review construction documents and understands project scope of work to bid. Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Execute take-offs of construction documents as required.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops. Consult with project Owner, architect, and other relevant subs.
- Consult with clients, vendors, company personnel and formulate estimates and resolve issues, particularly when it comes to value engineering options.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Develop and maintain resource on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Experience with office interiors as well as ground up construction, a plus
- Between 5-15 years’ estimating experience
- Proficient computer and software (e.g., Procore, Excel, Bluebeam, etc.) skills
- Knowledge of estimating via on-screen takeoff
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.