We are representing a Dental Hygienist opportunity in the South Jersey Area. This job is responsible for the direct delivery of oral hygiene and appropriate preventive services to dental patients. This full-time opportunity will be split between Willingboro, NJ (M & Th) and Marlton, NJ (T & F).
- Assists in the oral health management of all clinic patients.
- Obtains baseline oral hygiene assessment data based upon accepted principles of oral hygiene and periodontal care.
- Records patient-hygienist transactions as they occur in the patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided.
- Provides oral health education and appropriate individual counseling for all center dental patients.
- Provides clinical oral hygiene services including dental prophylaxis, scaling, sealant application, Velscope and fluoride application consistent with accepted professional practices and standards and in compliance with applicable state law and the SBS clinical protocols. Works with Dentist to assist in coordination of care and referral for patients receiving preventive services.
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by a dentist in accordance with state regulations and law as well as Oral Health Department protocol and directive.
- Assists in the maintenance of all Oral Health Department areas in compliance with department directives and policies as well as office policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and safety issues.
- Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with professional matters, office business and patient care of the Oral Health Department.
- Assists with various clinical and administrative functions of the office as appropriate and time permits.
- Ensures the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials in accordance with Oral Health Department directive and company OSHA policy as well as state federal regulation(s).
- Complies in full with the company Exposure Control Plan.
- Travels when necessary to meet operational needs.
- As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
- Responsible for personal compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of dental hygiene and the clinical provision of dental hygiene services as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
- Graduation from an accredited school of dental hygiene is required.
- Must have unrestricted license to practice Oral Hygiene
- Current CPR (BLS) certification
- 1+ year of experience is preferred
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.