Atlantic Group is currently representing an Assistant Project Manager opportunity with a growing construction firm that focuses on projects in different industries including hospitality, retail, and industrial. While learning general construction practices performed by the company, the successful candidate will enjoy assisting with the completion of projects.
- Oversee and lead tasks as assigned by the Project Manager/Project Executive – this includes assisting superintendents, field staff, and office-based staff.
- Spend time in the field developing hands on knowledge of relevant construction projects.
- Learn and practice company policies and operating procedures.
- Interact with clients and subcontractors as necessary to move projects forward in an appropriate timeframe.
- Focus on necessary paperwork including submittals, shop drawings, supplier data, contracts, purchase orders, and RFIs.
- Develop an understanding of and assist with general estimating methods.
- Complete OSHA 10 training (if needed) and become familiar with company safety policies.
- 2+ years of experience working with a general contractor in the New York city market.
- Ability to support projects and work independently with minimal oversight.
- Thorough understanding of the importance of managing timelines, organizational practices, safety, and team collaboration.
- Ability to think critically and retain new information.
- Desire to learn and grow with a company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction or related field.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.