Join our Human Resources department! Consumer products company in Philadelphia is seeking a Worker’s Compensation Specialist to ensure timely processing of employee claims, evaluates accident reports to determine accuracy and completeness, ensure adequate investigation, and assist with compliance. This role is ideal for a self-starter with a manufacturing background. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Communicate and interact with employees to complete accident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Serve as liaison between employee and insurance company.
- Report the claim to insurance company and to individual state based on additional requirements.
- Administer light duty and return to work employee program.
- Maintain all workers comp documents, both accident and incident investigations.
- Communicate and interact with employees, insurance adjusters, medical professionals, and legal advisors.
- Assemble facts regarding claims for cases pending litigation, represent the company at mediation and formal hearings, and request appropriate level of authority internally to settle claims.
- Maintain employee claim files in accordance with appropriate best practices and other company policies.
- Monitor employees making doctor’s appointments regarding claim.
- Coordinate and participate in strategic planning aimed at reducing the incidence of worker’s compensation-related injuries through the entire organization
- Prepare and summit Workers Comp documents including but not limited to: wage statements, PDA, Job offer letter, job descriptions.
- Complete and update OSHA logs for all facilities to BLS and OSHA.
- Provide employees with appropriate FMLA documents.
- Work closely with employees regarding their FMLA leave and return dates.
- Communicate with payroll regarding employees’ status and internal payments.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience required.
- A CWCP certification is desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity and willingness to travel as needed required.
- Experience with an HRIS system (Kronos experience is desired).
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience in a large company (over 1,000 employees) is preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish or another language other than English is preferred.
- Safety knowledge preferred.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.