Compensation: $140,000-$160,000 + bonus
Location: Toronto, CA
The Wealth Management Associate will identify new opportunities at banks, wealth managers, multi-family offices and custodians in an effort to distribute the firm's product offerings on their respective platforms. The Wealth Management Associate will systematically map and target investors, and work to enhance the relationships with the firm's existing Canadian wealth management clients.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Develop, build, and foster relationships with key stakeholders at partner firms; responsible for developing a deep understanding of our client's needs, including products, structures, fees, and industry trends.
- Achieve Key Performance Metrics set forth by CPW leadership. Primary responsibility is to drive sales to achieve annual growth and fundraising goals for company.
- Develop and manage relationships with Centers of Influence (COI) at all our key wealth management clients and prospects while maintaining a long-term business perspective and a consultative approach.
- Consistently maintain feedback loop with CPW leadership and the broader IR team.
- Work with various internal teams (Central Investor Relations, Legal, Compliance, Fund Management, Tax, Accounting, etc.) team to effectively represent and communicate the firm’s value proposition and firm activity to current and prospective Limited Partners
- Participate in client meetings to present the Firm’s funds, products and capabilities.
- Track and monitor key business metrics across the Canadian footprint.
- Assist in the development of sales strategy and product launch plans for the Americas.
- Work directly with the Wealth Management and Family Wealth teams to drive successful adoption of company's products across the wealth management channel in Canada.
- When applicable, attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide information on market and creative trends.
- Execute on KPIs and OKRs, which will be developed by CPW leadership and shared broadly with senior management.
- 4-8 years of experience as a wholesaler dealing with private wealth networks.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of financial services industry experience with a focus on Canadian alternative product origination and sales support.
- Excellent sales, communication, organizational and leadership skills including strong aptitude for interfacing with executives at our partner firms.
- Deep understanding of the wealth management industry, including knowledge of financial intermediaries and financial advisors.
- Experience in distribution of alternative products and structures in the Canadian market – especially semi-liquid offerings.
- Strong working knowledge of macroeconomics, asset allocation, fixed income, equity, and alternatives markets
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Easily adaptable – must be able to process large volume of information and manage competing priorities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of competitive landscape of the alternative investment marketplace in Canada.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Skills especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in French language a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.