- Direct liability for the accounting and reporting for numerous multifaceted private equity funds with exposure to both public and private investments throughout commercial, residential and specialty finance asset classes.
- Constantly strive to learn and understand outstanding asset classes, fund and investment structures and new products. Develop solutions to ensure appropriate accounting and controls are in place.
- Develop and implement robust investor and management performance reporting at the asset, fund and investor level.
- An understanding of an organizational structure, and a proven ability to work across teams and vendors towards a shared objective. Supervise the fund treasury and liquidity management process (including, capital calls, distributions and coordination with the financing team)
- Coordinate and interact with portfolio management team on investment-related reporting matters and transactions
- Lead and coordinate the fund administrator through SLAs/critical metrics and site visits.
- Handle the external audit, regulatory reporting and other reporting requirements.
- Build and run investment-level waterfall and performance calculations
- Lead investor and counterparty due diligence meetings
- Lead the coordination and project management of critical Alternative Funds Finance team projects and initiatives
- Coordinate the funds payment and expenses process to ensure compliance with the fund documents and timely and accurate execution and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting
- 8-10 years’ experience in financial accounting, audit or finance function for an alternative investment manager with exposure to credit, real estate or private equity funds
- Ability to implement accounting and reporting for complex legal and tax investment structures that cross multiple jurisdictions
- Knowledge of transaction process flows and requirements and a desire to develop solutions that solve for complexities as they arise
- Exposure to a broad range of private equity and hedge fund structures (e.g., US, Cayman, Luxembourg, Private Equity, Commercial or Residential Real Estate funds) and product types
- Experience leading both internal teams and external administrators
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles including US GAAP and Investment Company Accounting
- Active CPA license
- Big 4 background desired, but not required
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.