Compensation: $100,000-$140,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Well-established Advisory firm is seeking a Valuation Associate or Manager to join its New York team while reporting to the Head of Valuations and working closely with the Head of Operations. The individual will support the pricing and valuation functions of the firm by working with members of the Operations, Client Accounting, Investment, and Legal teams. The individual will also work with outside valuation consultants, auditors, and external parties to answer pricing-related questions, and provide pricing documentation.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Build and maintain valuation models (e.g., DCF analysis, precedent transactions, and comparable company analysis), update valuation memos, review financial models, and analyze company financial statements.
- Provide input into monthly and mid-monthly pricing, as well as document pricing methodologies, sources, and exceptions
- Review the quality of independently obtained broker quotes and pricing feeds. Provide periodic reviews of quality and procedures.
- Prepare valuation documentation and pricing analyses for monthly Valuation Committee meetings; present and discuss valuations with Valuation Committee members.
- Work with accountants and external auditors to provide support with regards to the valuation aspect of audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounti,ng or another business discipline (with demonstration of high GPA)
- 3+ years of valuation experience; specialty in real estate, private company, and/or complex security valuation is a plus
- CFA candidacy is a plus
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with consistent attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in Excel and modeling
- Clear ability to dissect and absorb complex documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A commitment to collaboration and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the firm
- High energy and comfort with a hard-working, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of financial terminology and accounting ratios
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and S&P Capital IQ is a plus
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.