Compensation: $90,000-$100,000 + bonus
Location: Stamford, CT
Investment bank seeking US Middle Office Operations Associate to join its team. The primary functions of the position are to perform supervision, training and oversight of Interest Rates derivatives middle office and futures back office. The team performs activities including: transaction control, trade allocations, managing client and sales queries, broker and trading queries, treasury auctions, regulatory reporting support and reconciliation controls. This is a hybrid role.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Perform daily activities in conjunction with our back office services provider for futures, including: trade processing, reconciliations, deliveries, margin and brokerage.
- Ensure accurate regulatory reporting and communicate with regulators and exchanges to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Effectively manage relationships and work closely with regional and global teams across the organization including front office, operations, compliance, finance and technology.
- Ensure the accuracy of the Futures funding & margin requirements (including segregated and secured accounts) and assist with setting target residual interest.
- Ensure the regulatory filings in relation to maintenance of segregated funds are timely and accurate
- Develop operational and product skills and build personal knowledge through training and coaching.
- Act as a contact for exchanges and internal and external audits for Futures and deliver high quality outcomes.
- Work closely with traders, sales people, and other operations teams to provide the highest level of operational support, both regionally and globally.
- Using your subject matter expertise, train and support local and global teams to meet service levels and stakeholder expectations.
- Maintain and update documentation of all procedures, processes and key controls where required.
- Design and compile metrics for KRIs and KPIs. Analyze and deliver better ways to improve operational performance at the firm and at our third party provider.
- Identify control gaps and efficiency barriers to develop new ways of working, improve controls and deliver cost-efficient solutions. Ensure the timely escalation of potential risk and control issues.
- Perform project work in collaboration with other teams, regionally and globally, to deliver on the bank’s strategy.
- Maintain effective partnerships with customers, stakeholders and colleagues. Act as a point of contact for all OTC Rates derivatives and futures-related issues and projects.
- 5+ years of experience in Interest Rate Derivatives and Futures / FCM Operations role.
- Proficiency and strong understanding of OTC products (swaps, swaptions, some exotics), exchange traded derivatives and the full product lifecycle.
- Understand trade flow and the front to back operations processes including key elements of trade capture, reconciliation and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Adaptability to learn new tasks and demonstrate a willingness to understand the details of a process.
- Extremely detail oriented, hard-worker, positive attitude and enthusiasm for solving complex problems.
- Strong PC skills with Excel and relevant industry systems including Markitserv and CME applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and collaborate across business areas.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.