Location: Brooklyn, NY
Schedule: Monday through Friday, Day time hours
The case manager will provide counseling and referral to essential services to families receiving Section 8 vouchers who are living in approved apartments in Brooklyn.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- The person filling this position is expected, under general supervision, to (1) aid individuals and/or families requiring social service assistance (i.e.-welfare advocacy, landlord-tenant mediation, eviction prevention work when necessary); (2) interview and evaluate applicants for services, formulate service plans and goals, and aid clients to implement service plans; (3) locate and make use of appropriate community resources for clients; including the following:
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Practice Universal Precautions/Standard protocols & Procedures.
- Comply with all Federal, State, City, and organization security and privacy policies intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Review all documentation establishing clients’ eligibility for the program and make file copies.
- Assist clients in completing all intake applications and forms.
- Create and maintain client files.
- Conduct initial intake or assessment of clients and clients’ families and/or periodic reassessments.
- Follow up with clients and with referral organizations regarding client contact and progress with referral organizations.
- Work with clients to break through barriers to client goals and to assist clients in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Recommend and implement strategies to persuade clients to participate more fully in this process.
- Monitor clients’ progress toward their goals via regularly scheduled telephone contact and/or face-to-face home and office visits, and document via progress notes.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- May prepare marketing materials for the program.
- May input client data and client progress information into an automated database.
- May reach out and market the program to the community to recruit clients.
- May prescreen clients over the telephone for eligibility and may schedule intake appointments.
- May act as client liaison/client advocate with outside organizations regarding such matters as education, healthcare, housing, legal issues, etc.
- May escort clients to appointments (educational, medical, social service, etc.)
- May assist clients in completing applications for benefits and entitlements and may process applications on clients’ behalf.
- May evaluate the actual living conditions of clients through home visits.
- Tasks may be modified, expanded, and/or assigned over time.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.