Compensation: $125,000-$135,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
This individual will help enhance the firm’s risk management program by performing risk analytics and reporting on key risks. The individual will liaise with key stakeholders across the firm including both business, support, and technology functions. This role is a unique opportunity to become part of an evolving and strategic firm initiative to support our business growth and manage risk effectively.
A successful candidate will typically have three to five years of experience with a demonstrated track record in data analytics and Tableau development. The individual will be responsible for supporting operational risk programs by performing risk analysis, developing risk metrics and reporting to enhance the firm’s risk monitoring capabilities.
- Responsible for performing risk analysis across various risk programs. This will require aggregating and analyzing various data sets to identify and monitor key risks
- Engage with risk team members to identify relevant data sets needed to perform analysis. This will include data from in and outside the firm as well as data created from risk programs
- Work with various team members, the Data lake team and outside vendors to establish data feeds into the Data Lake for risk related data sets
- Work with various team members to establish requirements and logic and code the required business logic in SQL
- Build Tableau dashboard reports to create risk reports and visualizations necessary to facilitate detailed risk analyses
- Develop standards for operational risk metrics which will be used to monitor and oversee material risks
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in designing and performing risk analytics and building Tableau/ Power BI dashboards
- Ability to query and display large data sets
- Ability to interpret technical or dashboard structure and translate complex business requirements into technical specifications
- A solid understanding of SQL, python, relational database management system, data modeling, and normalization
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills, including synthesizing data and conceptual work into actionable and presentable deliverables
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects in a collaborative manner with multiple stakeholders through to completion in a dynamic and changing environment
- Accountable, with a strong sense of professionalism and integrity.
- Undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials
- Highly organized, efficient and able to work to tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- A strong stakeholder-focused orientation with the drive and enthusiasm required to achieve results and assume stakeholder satisfaction.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.