Compensation: $175,000-$225,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Multi-billion private equity firm is seeking a detail-oriented Tax Strategy and Planning Associate to contribute to the firm’s success. This position will assist the Head of Tax with tax planning and strategy.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Help design and implement best practices for the Tax function
- Coordinate with external tax advisors to provide tax structuring advice to investment teams.
- Advise on tax structuring of the Firm’s investment platforms
- Establish and have routine communication with the portfolio company’s internal and external tax function.
- Assist portfolio companies in evaluating and driving tax planning opportunities for tax compliance and to ensure smooth tax compliance.
- Ensure the audit file is properly documented by drafting and reviewing a tax memorandum.
- Advise the firm with respect to U.S. and global tax developments.
- Coordinate special projects and initiatives to improve the general tax efficiency of firm returns.
- Work very closely with our tax compliance teams to ensure efficient and accurate tax reporting.
- 6 to 10 years of experience working in mergers and acquisitions tax services required.
- Master’s degree in Taxation, LLM, or Juris Doctor, JD, strongly preferred.
- Experience working with private equity funds required.
- Experience working in a Big 4 or Law Firm preferred.
- Experience in deal advisory and transactions.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.