- Establish rapport with sophisticated clients, across generations, to maintain the company’s role as reliable subject matter experts who can provide both technical guidance and relational support.
- Further gain clients’ confidence and develop meaningful sustainable relationships.
- Partner with company colleagues and external advisors to deliver integrated advisory services that exceed client expectations.
- Responsible for managing the entire tax client engagement process – including all aspects of multi-generational family activities.
- While experience with individual income and estate taxation is important, the successful candidate will have deep knowledge of fund, flow through entities, and corporate taxation.
- Ability to proactively provide tax planning opportunities and establish working relationships with UHNW individuals, their families and outside advisors.
- Research and interpret the Internal Revenue Code, various State Tax Codes, Federal Estate and Gift Tax Code, Private Letter Rulings, Revenue Rulings and Tax Court Cases.
- Drive complex transactional planning and structuring.
- Represent clients before tax authorities in audit defense and respond to notices or inquiries.
- Draft position memoranda to support tax positions and provide guidance to clients.
- Recruit, train, and develop tax staff; contribute to technical discussions and administrative initiatives in tax department meetings.
- Participate in networking events and business development, as appropriate.
- CPA, EA or JD and/or MS in Tax highly preferred
- 7+ years relevant experience in public CPA firm, and/or family office environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in tax preparation software and research tools
- Must possess strong organizational and analytical skills, general/broad knowledge of economic business conditions and ability to work on multiple projects at once
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.