Compensation: $130,000-$150,000 + bonus
Location: Dallas, TX
Multi-billion alternative investment firm is seeking a Tax Manager to join the Dallas Tax Team. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to join a highly visible team whose role includes participating in all aspects of the Tax function.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Responsible for the tax compliance and consulting needs of the company’s funds, management companies, and Managing Directors.
- The Tax Manager will report directly to the Tax Director,
- Effectively manage stakeholder interactions with confidence, and gain exposure to a wide variety of tax issues.
- Provide consultative support directly to Portfolio Managers.
- Coordinate with Fund Accounting, Investor Accounting, and Financial Reporting to obtain data for tax return preparation.
- Prepare U.S. and international tax returns for funds, management companies, and partners.
- Process tax depreciation for management companies.
- Build relationships with clients and devise solutions for complex tax situations.
- This role offers constant opportunities to learn and develop while maintaining a great work/life balance.
- Successful candidates possess sound judgment, communicate effectively, demonstrate the ability to prioritize effectively when confronted with multiple urgent questions, are proactive problem solvers, and are prepared for more direct exposure to decision-makers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Certified Public Accountant strongly preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience.
- Comfortable with numbers, quantitative analysis, and problem-solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to remain poised and confident when communicating at all levels within the firm.
- Experience with tax software is a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.