Compensation: $110,000-$130,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Investment Management Firm is seeking a Tax Associate to join the team. The new hire will be working on credit funds which are a mix of hedge funds, private equity, and hybrid. The role will have exposure to all different types of tax situations and have some of the most complex investment exposure around.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Member of the Tax Compliance team supporting the Credit Funds, including responsibility for the tax management of both the fund entities and various special purpose vehicles.
- Work closely with the accounting team and fund administrator to ensure all essential financial data is provided to external tax preparers.
- Ensure timely and accurate federal, state/local, and foreign income tax filings, withholding tax reporting, as well as Schedule K-1, Schedule K-3 and Form 1042-S reporting to investors.
- Understand fund and investment level tax structuring and ensure proper tax reporting.
- Assist in the daily tax management of fund entities as well as tax planning and restructuring of investments including evaluation of asset write-offs.
- Review tax work papers for partnerships and corporations: book/tax differences, allocations, state tax calculations as well as tax analysis on various financial transactions.
- Prepare/review quarterly withholding and estimated tax payments.
- Work with tax advisors and colleagues to continually review and implement process improvements utilizing technology solutions.
- 3 – 5 years of experience; Public Accounting, Financial Services, Hedge Fund, or Private Equity experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA required.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and prioritization capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player across the Finance organization.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.