Compensation: $90,000-$160,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Multi-billion dollar Hedge Fund is looking for a Tax Accountant hire to take care of tax projects and work on partners' tax estimates and distribution calculations.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Review hedge fund partnership tax returns, including Schedules K-1s and tax allocation, prepared by external accountants.
- Review realized gain/loss reports, qualified dividend reports and unrealized gain/loss reports. Ensure totals reconcile to the audited financial statements.
- Review interim tax estimates as requested by investor.
- Review management company & proprietary entity tax workpapers and tax returns.
- Prepare quarterly partners’ tax estimates and distribution calculations
- Review tax depreciation calculation on a monthly basis.
- Interface with external tax service providers and internal departmental personnel on a regular basis.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting with good academic performance.
- 4 to 7 years of financial service experience in public accounting or at a hedge fund.
- CPA preferred.
- Excellent Excel and workpaper preparation skills.
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately.
- Rigorous attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as on own.
- Strong desire to learn.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.