- Primarily responsible for coordinating a patients surgical experience from the point of initial contact to the office, throughout their surgery/treatment, and their post-operative treatment plan.
- Engage with patients by reviewing their paperwork prior to meeting with their surgeon to review their goals, expectations, procedures of interest.
- Answer questions the patient may have regarding the procedure(s) to be performed and explain the fees to be paid for the surgery, including professional fees, as well as surgical facility fees.
- Promote and discuss fees for alternative treatment options, and effectively work with patients to assist with financing, scheduling, or other potential objections that result in the inability to schedule their procedure.
- Be an effective liaison between the patient, surgeons, and other third-party providers, in all aspects of pre-operative preparations.
- Coordinates and schedules all pre-operative appointments for surgical patients.
- Responsible for following up with new patient leads on a daily basis and getting back to patients immediately
- Review surgical documents and a patient chart to ensure proper medical clearance is obtained prior to procedure.
- Acquire necessary medical records and documents for patient by communicating via telephone, facsimile or in person with other office locations or office personnel.
- Obtain surgical authorizations from insurance carriers.
- Create an organize workflow in a concise manner that is understandable to yourself and team members.
- Provide excellent customer service, care and communication for our patients in an efficient manner.
- Ensure that all preoperative paperwork is completed, correct and obtain proper signatures.
- Troubleshoot any issues that may arise and resolve them in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- MUST BE BILINGUAL- Fluent Spanish
- Surgery scheduling experience with a minimum of 2 years.
- Proficient in computer scheduling and electronic medical records.
- Familiar with the regulations and requirements for OSHA and HIPAA and aware of the compliance requirements as enacted by Federal, State and local jurisdictions.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment.
- Working knowledge of PC’s and Microsoft Windows.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.