Compensation: $150,000-$165,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Asset management firm is seeking a Strategy and Corporate Development Associate to join its team. The Associate will have a high level of exposure to the Firm’s senior management team and will be responsible for the management of various processes, review, and analysis of key strategic opportunities, working on new product development/expanding new product lines, and financial analysis/modeling and due diligence for transactional opportunities.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Play a key role in the execution of new business and acquisition opportunities, including but not limited to financial analysis/modeling, industry research, preparation of written materials, and efficient use of the firm’s resources.
- Build detailed operating models to perform valuation analyses on both transactions and organic growth opportunities.
- Assist with review and analysis of key strategic business decisions across the firm, including potential new product development, growth investment opportunities, capital allocation/capital structure analyses, etc.
- Analyze and conduct due diligence on transactional opportunities for the firm and affiliates, including any M&A, financings or similar transactions.
- Structure complex analysis to develop compelling, insightful recommendations for the Strategy team and executive leadership.
- Manage and interact with external service providers on various projects as necessary (lawyers, bankers, accountants, etc.).
- Coordinate interaction between departments throughout the firm as necessary, including Legal, Corporate Finance, Tax, and Investment teams.
- Ad hoc analysis and projects as assigned.
- 3-6 years of experience, including a minimum of 3 years of experience within investment banking and/or private equity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, or Accounting with a strong record of academic success is required.
- Superior quantitative, financial modeling, and valuation skills are required.
- Background in the financial services and/or alternative asset management industry is a plus but not required.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to advance work product independently.
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent projects.
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex projects from inception to completion within a deadline-driven, dynamic environment.
- Outstanding organization, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter, and independent thinker.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.