Compensation: $100,000-$125,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
The Strategic Vendor Manager is responsible for managing the firms most strategic market data vendor and stock exchange relationships. The Strategic Vendor Manager will be working within the Market Data Operations Team.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Lead and contract negotiations to attain the desired business outcome.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop vendor and service strategies.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal teams, partners, data vendors and stock exchanges.
- Stay abreast of changes to data and service offerings within the financial industry.
- Keep up to date with evolving business requirements and be a trusted advisor related to vendor services and issue resolution.
- 5-10 years of experience coming out of a similar role as a FS firm.
- 10 plus years of experience in vendor management and arbitration.
- Shown understanding of the investment management process and financial vendor services and commercial models.
- Extensive experience in contract and commercial negotiations of sophisticated global vendor relationships.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal team members and external partners.
- Results driven and comfortable working in a fast pace environment.
- Strong proven understanding of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
- A strong understanding of how data is used within applications and commercial considerations committed to this usage.
- Consistent track record to work independently as well as collaboratively