Seeking social workers to act as an advocate and representative for the Older Adult community in Philadelphia, PA. We are hiring for a Social Work Case Manager who will be responsible for providing intake, investigation, assessment, and case management services for clients aged 60 and above who are at risk of abuse, neglect, exploitation, or abandonment. If you’re qualified for this role, start your application today.
- Receive and investigate reports of abuse, neglect, exploitation, and abandonment of individuals aged 60 and above
- Determine if report of abuse or neglect is substantiated or unsubstantiated and makes referrals to appropriate agencies and services
- Assesses the need for emergency intervention including petitioning for involuntary mental health commitments, protection from abuse orders, emergency intervention and access orders, when appropriate and testifying in court as needed.
- Accompany and assist police in delivery and enforcing of above-mentioned court orders
- Conduct an assessment and develops a care plan for client, family, friends, and service providers
- Provide ongoing case management to older adults in need of protective services
- Documents all case activity in accordance with regulations, policies, and best practice
- Provide financial or surrogate management as appropriate
- Establish and maintain relationships with public service providers, including mental health and health care providers, police district offices, and other community agencies
- Coordinates investigations in institutions with appropriate State licensing agencies and Ombudsman
- Arranges and conducts case conferences
- Locates and/or mobilizes resources to meet client needs
- Participate in orientation and training, in service training, and attends regular staff meetings.
- Assists with outreach and public education
- Identifies resource and service gaps, which inhibit the provision of high quality care to vulnerable older adults
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work is required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in direct services required
- Ability to work with difficult clients and skill in case assessment is required
- 1-year direct aging casework experience is preferred
- Familiarity with protective services, crisis intervention, investigative techniques, mental health intervention, or case management with the elderly is preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Driver’s license and car required
- Ability to pass full background check required
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.