Compensation: $85,000-$125,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
Multi-billion top alternative asset manager is seeking an Accounting Analyst to join its team. The Accounting Analyst is part of a dedicated team of eight individuals responsible for all facets of the fund accounting, corporate finance, financial reporting, and investor relations functions.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate booking of fund investments to Advent Geneva accounting system and other key internal systems.
- Perform investment, cash, and custody reconciliations with the fund administrator and resolve discrepancies.
- Assist with all accounting responsibilities within the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting cycles.
- Assist with the production of daily and monthly internal reporting that is distributed to all Investment Professionals and Management.
- Assist with the production and review of quarterly and annual SEC filings (Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, Form 8-K, etc.)
- Assist with various compliance reports (e.g., credit facility, regulatory/BDC and tax/RIC, etc.)
- Interface as necessary with external auditors, internal auditors, and other service providers.
- Gather information for financial statements and SOX audit requests, and research questions from auditors.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects, both operating and financial and compile a variety of special reports.
- 2 to 4 years of accounting experience in a combination of public accounting, debt investments, fund administration, or another private equity or investment management firm.
- Familiarity with business development companies, bank loans, fund administration, and general ledger systems is a plus.
- Experience with Advent Geneva and/or Eze Castle is strongly preferred.
- Professional certification preferred (CPA or equivalent.)
- Strong accounting and excel skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong understanding and application of industry and market rules and practices.
- Detail-oriented, responsible, proactive, and naturally curious.
- Deadline-oriented to meet time-sensitive regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Adept at problem-solving.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and willing to work in a team environment.
- Candidate must have attention to detail and be focused on multiple demands and deliverables.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.