- Develop and execute comprehensive SEO strategies to drive long term growth and deliver on team goals
- Educate and provide regular feedback to writers on headlines, keyword usage, meta tags, URL structure, keyword analysis and related aspects of SEO.
- Conduct keyword research and run competitor analyses to identify gaps and opportunities to better serve user’s intent
- Manage content renovation strategy and identify opportunities to improve previously published content at scale.
- Own content innovation within the editorial team: identify and test new content areas and opportunities that can be amplified through various traffic sources such as email, paid search, and social
- Audit new, original content as a key part of editorial process to ensure SEO best practices are being employed (e.g., descriptive anchor text, keyword placement in headers, optimized titles & metas)
- Work with the Data team to build recurring reports on trends and performance using Google Analytics and SEO tools such as SEMRush.
- Perform regular audits of URL structure, internal linking, AMP errors as well as any content-related SEO optimization efforts, such as adding links, descriptions, keywords, and headlines
- Stay abreast of notable search industry updates, especially changes to the Google algorithm
- Support Audience Development team with creation and execution of short-, mid- and long-term email and paid social strategies
- Complies with Network and Urban One’s mandatory trainings and adheres to related course deadlines
- 3-5 years planning, developing and implementing SEO strategy
- Experience with keyword research, ranking factors, structured data schemas and rich snippets, internal linking, keyword usage and semantic analysis.
- Experience analyzing page, keyword, and content & site performance site crawlers, and log file analysis.
- Analytically focused with the ability to recommend and implement optimization from review of performance data.
- High proficiency in Google Analytics and advanced reporting execution.
- Expert-level skills in organic and paid keyword research, and experience using industry-leading SEO tools including Google Analytics, SEM Rush, Moz
- Technical SEO Expertise (canonicalization, sitemaps, crawl budget etc.) and ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues
- Continuously improve SEO skill sets, staying up to date with shifts in the marketplace to guide the site through macro changes (e.g., upcoming 2021 Page Experience Update)
- Strong knowledge of email marketing platforms. Sailthru experience is a plus.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.