Senior Fund Associate/Manager
Compensation: $100,000-$150,000 + bonus
Location: New York, NY
A global alternative investment firm with a multi-billion dollar portfolio is seeking an exceptional candidate to join its accounting and operations team. As the firm continues to grow, this role will be crucial in ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of its financial reporting. The job responsibilities include reviewing the books and records prepared by the fund administrator, training and reviewing the workpapers prepared by the offshore accounting team and maintaining fund expense budgets and allocations.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Review the books and records prepared by the fund administrator.
- Train and review the workpapers prepared by the offshore accounting team.
- Review month-end NAV from fund administrator which includes cash and interest reconciliations, expense accruals, holdings, etc.
- Prepare monthly P&L analytics.
- Maintain fund expense budgets and allocations, track expenses and coordinate updates with fund administrator.
- Analyze fund performance and assist with business modeling.
- Calculate and analyze investor IRRs and fund returns.
- Shadow management and incentive fees to fund administrator’s records.
- Assist in the setup and launch of new funds and financial products.
- Liaise with the operations team on fund transactions and activities.
- Assist in preparing and analyzing pricing and valuation materials.
- Coordinate and manage the audit process with internal and external auditors.
- Review annual audited and quarterly unaudited GAAP and IFRS financial statements.
- Manage the financial statement review process with fund administrators.
- Generate and distribute ad hoc reporting to relevant parties such as senior management, deal teams, and investors.
- The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented individual with a Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline.
- 5-8 years of experience working in public and/or private accounting, with private debt experience being preferred.
- A CPA qualification is desirable, and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Additionally, the candidate must possess strong analytical skills, the ability to work with tight deadlines, and the capacity to think outside the box and leverage technology.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.