Compensation: $100,000-$130,000 + bonus
Location: Greenwich, CT New York, NY
Private equity firm is seeking a candidate to fill the newly created role as Fund Accountant. The Fund Accountant will primarily be responsible for supporting the Credit platform’s Business Development Company (BDC) Controller and CFO in the day-to-day accounting and reporting activities. The role encompasses financial reporting (there is GAAP reporting, regulatory reporting), reviewing NAV packages, management and incentive fee calculations, investor allocations for capital calls/distributions; helping with compliance, etc.
Highlights About the Company & Position:
- Prepare financial reporting for various stakeholders (investment team, senior management, Finance, IR, etc).
- Reconcile internal records to NAV packages and calculations prepared by Fund Administrator.
- Review quarterly unaudited financial statements for the BDC & SMAs.
- Assist with review of annual GAAP financial statements and footnote disclosures for the BDC & SMAs.
- Review of management and incentive fee calculations.
- Review notices and investor allocations for capital calls, distributions, and required reporting.
- Prepare compliance certifications and monitor covenants with regard to various finance facilities.
- Compile data for and assist in submitting regulatory compliance filings.
- Prepare schedules and reconciliations for annual audits; assist with responding to auditor queries.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders on requests (Finance, Investment Team, Marketing and IR, Tax).
- Reports to the BDC Controller.
- Product mix will primarily be loans (primary/direct lending/1st and 2nd Liens).
- 3-5 years total experience; CPA preferred.
- Prior experience working with bank debt and credit funds.
- Experience with SEC filings (10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, registration statements and proxies) preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical abilities and communication skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility and work ownership.
- The ability to identify issues and exercise sound judgment in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
- Strong project management skills.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion