- Liaise with the fund administrators for shadowing of the books, preparation of monthly estimates, ensuring NAV is correct, working on the financial statements, valuations of the portfolio, annual audit, etc.
- Maintain a full set of parallel books and records to shadow fund administrator.
- Responsible for the review and approval of month end accounting records from the administrator, including economic allocations, expense accruals, incentive fees, management fees and capital activity.
- Responsible for portfolio valuation review and coordination with the administrator.
- Responsible for the review of financial statements prepared by the administrator and timely completion of audit.
- Calculate capital calls and distributions for the funds.
- Provide the corporate accounting department with regular reporting of revenues, AUM and performance.
- Fund expense budgeting and payments.
- Act as the liaison with outside service providers (servicers, administrators, auditors, and tax consultants).
- Liaise with other functional areas of the Firm including Trade Operations, Investor Relations and Client Services, Compliance, Legal, Tax and Portfolio Management.
- Review of regulatory reporting including Form PF and other surveys.
- Review of legal documents for new fund launches or legal document amendments, as necessary.
- Three years of public accounting experience with a Big 4 or mid-size accounting firm, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Top rated.
- Degree in Accounting with exemplary academic performance
- Licensed CPA or have passed exams and awaiting licensure.
Note: Qualified candidates will be contacted within 2 business days of application. If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, we will keep your resume on file for future opportunities and may contact you for further discussion.